I was lucky enough to join some clients who work in the desserts industry recently, at the 5 star London hotel, One Aldych for the afternoon tea, inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
In celebration of our partnership with the West End’s most magical musical, one Aldwych have created a scrumdiddlyumptious afternoon tea. From decadent golden eggs to blueberry brioche and playful flavoured candy floss, every item reflects the wit and wonder of Ronald Dahl’s classic tale.
Teatime treats are presented with a selection of award-winning loose leaf teas and infusions from Covent Garden’sTea Palace, each of which has been chosen to complement the delicate flavours from the kitchen.
See more at: http://www.onealdwych.com/food-drink/afternoon-tea#sthash.j02rldWU.dpuf
The cost for the treat was £34.50 per person or £45.00 per person with a lovely a glass of Lallier Champagne or a Cocktail Charlie (I had the cocktail Charlie see below, which was amazing served in a little teapot with dry ice for that extra wow sparkle.
- Sandwiches and Savoury
- Smoked salmon and herb crème fraîche.
- Egg mayonnaise with watercress.
- Roast beef and grain mustard mayonnaise.
- Heritage tomato tart.
- Leek and Stilton quiche all exquisitely prepared.
- Jeweled Apple; The finest black tea with wild strawberry leaves, caramel and real apple pieces… it will transport you back to the days of sticky, crunchy toffee apples.
- I had the Smooth Caramel, Caramel chunks and a hint of vanilla make this tea ideal for anyone with a sweet tooth, nice, but personally I couldn’t drink too much of it
- Queen of Berries This fruity black tea is bursting with ripe raspberries, strawberries and blackcurrants.
- Organic Lavender Grey Blended with organic lavender from Provence, this organic Earl Grey is both fragrant and soothing.
Sweet Menu: (the best bit yum-yum)
- Golden hand painted chocolate egg, filled with vanilla cheesecake and mandarin.
- Chocolate caramel, served in miniature milk bottles with straws, really creamy.
- Eton mess served in little glass.
- Homemade Candy floss, we had to guess the flavour, I think it was Rhubarb & Custard, sticky but great fun.
- Lime, coconut and white chocolate pops.
- Amazingly light Blueberry brioche & Cocoa bean financier.
- Warm miniature scones served with summer berry jam, apple and meadowsweet compote, Devonshire clotted cream
To enjoy with all this was Cocktail Charlie
Dalmore whisky mixed with Grand Marnier Cherry, chocolate bitters, grapefruit juice and cherry syrup. Topped with Champagne, fantastic.
See more at: http://www.onealdwych.com/food-drink/afternoon-tea/afternoon-tea-menu/afternoon-tea-menu#sthash.rqg3FNNt.dpuf